Citadelle

The Citadelle Laferrière or, Citadelle Henry Christophe, or simply the Citadelle (English: Citadel), is a large mountaintop fortress in Nord, Haiti, located on top of the mountain Bonnet a L’Eveque, approximately 27 kilometres (17 mi) south of the city of Cap-Haïtien, 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) southwest of the Three Bays Protected Area, and 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) uphill from the town of Milot. It is one of the largest fortresses in the Americas and was designated by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) as a World Heritage Site in 1982—along with the nearby Sans-Souci Palace. The mountaintop fortress has itself become an icon of Haiti. The Citadel was built by Henri Christophe, a key leader during the Haitian slave rebellion (1791–1804),[2] after Haiti gained independence from France at the beginning of the 19th century.

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of PaPaJ
Profile picture of Lakyn
Profile picture of Matt Doubek
Profile picture of Anna Phipps
Profile picture of Jodi Rayburn
Profile picture of iroka bright Chinemerem
Profile picture of Mawashi01
Profile picture of Febyjfsdvj
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

8 + 15 =

Entre